Dishwashers work to take on some janitorial and supportive kitchen tasks, such as bussing tables, washing dishes and appliances, emptying trash receptacles, scrubbing floors, restocking items, and performing other tasks to ensure that the kitchen and dining areas are clean and prepared for guests.
- Location: Sussex, NB
- Salary: $11.75HOUR hourly for 15 to 35 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Shift, On Call, Flexible Hours
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- vacancies: 2 vacancies
We are looking for a dedicated, organized dishwasher who enjoys working as part of a team in a fast-paced culinary environment. The dishwasher’s duties include removing soiled plates and flatware from tables, washing them thoroughly, and resetting tables in preparation for the next party. They may also restock items, unload delivery trucks, help prepare cook stations, clean appliances and machines, empty and clean trash receptacles, and other duties, as needed.
To be successful as a dishwasher, you should be a committed, communicative team player with excellent time management skills. You should be able to prioritize tasks in a busy setting and adhere to all food safety regulations and procedures.
- Ensuring the availability of clean dishes by bussing tables, washing dishes, pots, pans, and flatware, and resetting dining areas.
- Preparing dining areas and kitchen for next shift by cleaning and restocking dining areas and cook stations.
- Cleaning machines and appliances used in the kitchen, such as coffee makers, pots, and pans, mixers, etc.
- Unloading and storing deliveries.
- Sweeping and mopping floors, especially in the event that items are broken or spilled.
- Taking out the trash and rinsing garbage cans.
- Supporting other restaurant staff members by assisting with other tasks, as needed.
- Reporting kitchen accidents or violations of food safety codes and procedures.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimal work experience.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Exceptional time management skills.
- Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds.
- Willingness to comply with all food safety procedures.
No degree, certificate or diploma
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.)
Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate; Safe Food Handling certificate
- Dishwashing Skills
- Scour pots and pans; Sanitize and wash dishes and other items by hand; Clean and sanitize items such as dishwasher mats, carts and waste disposal units; Operate dishwashers to wash dishes, glassware and flatware; Place dishes in storage area
- Weight Handling
- Up to 23 kg (50 lbs)
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Work under pressure; Repetitive tasks; Handling heavy loads; Physically demanding; Standing for extended periods
- Personal Suitability
- Team player; Reliability
- Kitchen Helpers Skills
- Wash, peel and cut vegetables and fruit; Remove kitchen garbage and trash; Clean and sanitize kitchen including work surfaces, cupboards, storage areas, appliances and equipment; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors
- Food Service Helpers Specific Skills
- Bring clean dishes, flatware and other items to serving areas and set tables
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Students, Youth
How to apply
110 Main St Sussex, NB
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.