Room Attendant Job Description
We are looking for a reliable and friendly room attendant to join our hospitality team in order to provide superb customer service to our guests. Your duties will include ensuring that assigned rooms are fully stocked, cleaned, and serviced to a high standard. You should also be able to resolve guest complaints and queries promptly and in a polite manner.
To be successful as a room attendant you must be honest, pleasant, and have detailed knowledge of, and comply with, all housekeeping policies, procedures, and standards.
Room Attendant Responsibilities:
- Greeting guests and responding to queries.
- Changing bed linen and making beds.
- Replacing used towels and other bathroom amenities, such as shampoo and soap.
- Sweeping and mopping floors.
- Vacuuming carpets.
- Dusting and polishing furniture.
- Emptying trash containers and ashtrays.
- Restocking beverages and food items in the minibar.
- Cleaning public areas, such as corridors.
- Reporting any technical issues and maintenance needs.
- Updating status of guest rooms on assignment sheet.
- Returning and restocking cleaning cart at shift end.
Room Attendant Requirements:
- High school diploma, preferred.
- Previous guest service and/or housekeeping experience.
- Experience using industrial cleaning equipment and products.
- Flexible working hours.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision while meeting high-performance standards.
- Physical mobility and stamina.
- Ability to follow instructions.
- Professional and polite.
Room Attendant housekeeping
- Location: 89 Daly Avenue
Ottawa, ONK1N 6E6
- Salary: $14.25 to $16.00HOUR hourly for 24 to 32 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Seasonal employment
- Day, Weekend, On Call
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies: 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
Experience an asset
- Specific Skills
- Vacuum carpeting, area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture; Stock linen closet; Pick up debris and empty trash containers; Handle and report lost and found items; Dust furniture; Distribute clean towels and toiletries; Attend to guests’ requests for extra supplies or other items; Make beds and change sheets; Sweep, mop, wash and polish floors; Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Work Setting
- Hotel, motel, resort
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Repetitive tasks; Physically demanding; Attention to detail; Bending, crouching, kneeling
- Work Location Information
- Urban area
- Personal Suitability
How to apply
89 Daly Avenue
K1N 6E6 Between 10:00 AM and 06:00 PM
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.