Assisting with the overall operation of the hotel during the night time hours. Attending to guests’ needs and requirements including check in and check out procedures. Maintain presentation of key front of house areas to include some cleaning duties. Deliver room service requests to guest rooms when required.
To be a Duty Manager, responsible for the Hotel and its guest and team members overnight. To ensure the Hotel and all in it are safe and secure, to be responsible for ensuring any evacuations or emergency situations are handled in the proper and safe manner according to Hotel policy.
To run night audit and manage the guest services function (including but not limited to check in, check out and reservations) throughout the shift adhering to the highest levels of guest service.
To manage the Night Porters to ensure all jobs and tasks are carried out as required.
Our successful Night Supervisor will be responsible for;
- Assisting with the overall operation of the hotel during the night time hours
- Attending to guests’ needs and requirements including check in and check out procedures
- Maintain presentation of key front of house areas to include some cleaning duties
- Deliver room service requests to guest rooms when required
- Handle telephone enquiries including basic hotel reservations
- Ensuring all systems, processes, and SOP’s are up-to-date and are regularly reviewed
- Coordinate all emergency procedures in the event of any incident in and around the hotel premises and grounds including fire and other serious incidents
- Undertake night audit procedures
- Responsible for the security and integrity of property and guests whilst on duty, whilst adhering to company policy and legislation
- Acting as a lobby host at key times
- Ensuring the team are performing tasks to the departmental SOP’s
- Following up guest complaints and take appropriate guest recovery action
- Ensuring cash handling processes are followed at all times
- Ensuring that all documentation used during the Customer Journey is on-brand in delivery
The Ideal Candidate
Our successful Night Porter will have;
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Previous experience in a similar hospitality operation and specially working at night
- A responsible and detail led approach to tasks
- Ability to work alone
- To have a great personality and be genuine, approachable and attentive
- Excellent spoken and written English.
- Computer literacy including experience of hotel PMS
- Ability to remain calm whilst under extreme pressure or in emergency situations
- Physical fitness
- Experience of supervising the work of others
Hospitality is all about people and Exclusive Hotels and Venues are committed to ensuring our people are happy and well rewarded so that in turn, they pass the positivity onto our guests. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits for successful candidates include;
• Competitive salary
• Complimentary meals whilst on duty
• Complimentary car parking
• Loyalty incentives
• Discounted room nights across all Exclusive Hotels and Venues
• Discounts on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Location: 7500 Hwy #3
Eastgate, BCV0X 1R0
- Salary: $21.60HOUR hourly for 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent employment
- Start date: Starts as soon as possible
- Vacancies 1 vacancy
No degree, certificate or diploma
2 years to less than 3 years
- Specific Skills
- Co-ordinate, assign and review work; Requisition materials and supplies; Establish work schedules and procedures and co-ordinate activities with other work units or departments; Resolve work-related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports; Hire and train staff in job duties, safety procedures and company policies; Ensure smooth operation of computer systems, equipment and machinery, and arrange for maintenance and repair work
This employer promotes equal employment opportunities for all job applicants, including those self-identifying as a member of these groups: Indigenous people, Persons with disabilities, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Students, Veterans, Visible minorities, Youth
How to apply
Intended job posting audience
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Important notice: This job posting has been provided directly by the employer to Job Bank. The Government of Canada has taken steps to make sure it is accurate and reliable but cannot guarantee its authenticity.